Achy from Shots, Sprained Ankle Worsens
Sep. 15th, 2026 01:00 pmHawk and I got a round of immunization shots yesterday. The updated flu shot became available recently, so we each got that along with the latest Covid booster. Hawk also got the RSV shot. I decided to wait on getting one of those. My thinking was, "Two at once is enough."
We both woke up feeling achy this morning. Both of us have pre-existing sources of achiness. Mine is the ankle I sprained almost three weeks ago now. I aggravated it with 3 slips on the pool decks at a resort last week. I woke up today with it feeling really achy, as achy as the day after I originally sprained it, for no apparent reason. I figure the dull body aches that can occur as side effects of the shots combined with the sore ankle to make it feel worse.
Today I started using an ankle brace. I bought it online the other day, and it arrived yesterday afternoon. I figured I didn't need a brace like that a few weeks ago because my ankle was improving on its own, day by day. But then I really wished I'd had it at the pools last week, as it might have prevented one or more of the twists that aggravated it. Using the brace today has brought some relief. I will wear it for at least a few more days and hope to see continued improvement with it.
Update: While I was feeling pretty fatigued in the morning and struggled for an hour to get out of bed, I was feeling a lot better by lunchtime. The ankle brace helped a lot with my ankle. It's a combination of a compression sock and a wrap that crosses under the foot and behind the leg.
We both woke up feeling achy this morning. Both of us have pre-existing sources of achiness. Mine is the ankle I sprained almost three weeks ago now. I aggravated it with 3 slips on the pool decks at a resort last week. I woke up today with it feeling really achy, as achy as the day after I originally sprained it, for no apparent reason. I figure the dull body aches that can occur as side effects of the shots combined with the sore ankle to make it feel worse.
Today I started using an ankle brace. I bought it online the other day, and it arrived yesterday afternoon. I figured I didn't need a brace like that a few weeks ago because my ankle was improving on its own, day by day. But then I really wished I'd had it at the pools last week, as it might have prevented one or more of the twists that aggravated it. Using the brace today has brought some relief. I will wear it for at least a few more days and hope to see continued improvement with it.
Update: While I was feeling pretty fatigued in the morning and struggled for an hour to get out of bed, I was feeling a lot better by lunchtime. The ankle brace helped a lot with my ankle. It's a combination of a compression sock and a wrap that crosses under the foot and behind the leg.