canyonwalker: Sullivan, a male golden eagle at UC Davis Raptor Center (Golden Eagle)
[personal profile] canyonwalker
I've been noticing the past few days that gas prices are edging above $6 a gallon. A quick check while I was out for lunch showed that one of the cheap independent stations is at $6.099 for premium grade with a credit card, while a cheap brand-name station (Arco) was at $5.999 for regular. Name-brand stations like Valero and 76 are likely much higher. Even Costco is no little as their local store is at $6.059 for premium.

As I checked back through my own blogs for a point of comparison I was reminded that gas was over $6/gallon just 3 months ago. Prices drifted down over the summer before rising over the past month. A few other notes by way of comparison:

  • These are prices in Sunnyvale, California, which is oddly one of the cheapest places to buy gas in Silicon Valley, undercut IME only by stations in the barrios of East San Jose.

  • Per the American Automobile Association (AAA) the Bay Area average this week is $6.07 for regular.

  • Also per AAA the national average is $4.37, up 10 cents from last week.

  • This national average is higher than when I checked in June.


These surging fuel prices are all because of President Trump's disastrous (and illegal) war on Iran.

Update: The next day (Friday) I checked prices at name-brand stations locally. They are selling regular unleaded for basically $6/gallon and premium grade for $6.60. Oh, and diesel? Over $8.50/gallon! ðŸ˜³ 

Profile

canyonwalker: wiseguy (Default)
canyonwalker

September 2026

S M T W T F S
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 21st, 2026 07:46 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios