Quiet Day in Raleigh, Now Dressed to Go
Aug. 22nd, 2026 10:40 amNorth Carolina Travelog #4
At the hotel · Fri, 21 Aug 2026. 5:30pm.
It's been a chill day in Raleigh so far. Hawk and I both slept in late as jet lag had us up 'til past midnight. We got lunch after 11:30 and did a bit of shopping. The hotel's shuttle driver was gracious enough to take us to & for. Well, his grace plus a decent tip got the job done. 🤣
In the afternoon we met up with my brother-in-law, Marty, who arrived from Falls Church, Virginia, for the weekend. The three of us then went over to our cousins' house to meet the boy of honor, Jacob, and his family and to drop off gifts.
Now we're about to leave for the synagogue for sabbath evening service.

People are choosing different takes on dressing up. For some it's shorts and sandals. For others, like, Marty, it's "wear a nice Hawaiian shirt". For me... I decided to go all out. Well, almost all out. Tomorrow night is black tie; tonight I'm going semi-formal. The shirt is the brand-new one I found in my own closet two days ago. And the trousers I'm wearing (not shown) are the ones I found in a pile and sewed a seam on (and, yes, washed!) last week.
At the hotel · Fri, 21 Aug 2026. 5:30pm.
It's been a chill day in Raleigh so far. Hawk and I both slept in late as jet lag had us up 'til past midnight. We got lunch after 11:30 and did a bit of shopping. The hotel's shuttle driver was gracious enough to take us to & for. Well, his grace plus a decent tip got the job done. 🤣
In the afternoon we met up with my brother-in-law, Marty, who arrived from Falls Church, Virginia, for the weekend. The three of us then went over to our cousins' house to meet the boy of honor, Jacob, and his family and to drop off gifts.
Now we're about to leave for the synagogue for sabbath evening service.

People are choosing different takes on dressing up. For some it's shorts and sandals. For others, like, Marty, it's "wear a nice Hawaiian shirt". For me... I decided to go all out. Well, almost all out. Tomorrow night is black tie; tonight I'm going semi-formal. The shirt is the brand-new one I found in my own closet two days ago. And the trousers I'm wearing (not shown) are the ones I found in a pile and sewed a seam on (and, yes, washed!) last week.
no subject
Date: 2026-08-23 05:48 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-08-24 12:58 am (UTC)